Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Goodbye fast and processed food!

I know I have said this before but this time I really mean it. No more fast food or food from a box, can, or the frozen section. This stuff is filled with things we were never meant to eat. If you can't pronounce the ingredients in what you eat you should not eat it. That's not to say I will never have junk food again. I have just made a commitment to make these things myself so I know exactly what is in them. I mean look at the ingredients in a bag of chips. Shouldn't they just have potatoes, oil, and salt?? Instead you get a bunch of artificial crap that you cant even read. I know that it doesn't seem realistic to make potato chips on a daily or weekly basis but the fact of the matter is that these kind of foods should not be something we eat regularly. So why not take the time on a special day once or twice a month and make the burgers and fries or whatever junk food you like with real fresh ingredients. That's my plan along with eating only organic fruits and vegetables, Grass feed, free range, hormone, and antibiotic free red meat, dairy, and free range, antibiotic free, hormone free chicken and pork. Yes eating this way does cost more but you will save a lot not buying prepackaged food. Also from here on out it is whole grain everything for us even the flour I use to bake with. I have researched and it seems to me the more you put into making your food from scratch with fresh local organic products the bigger the reward. One being weightloss along with many other heath benifits.

No comments:

Post a Comment